Submission categories include full paper (up to 8 pages), short paper (up to 4 pages) for the general track and special tracks, and poster paper (up to 4 pages) for all tracks. Please note the different deadlines for the different submission categories. The papers must be written in good English, carefully proofread, and formatted to 8.5×11, 2-column following instructions in PDF | Word DOC | LaTeX.
Reviewing is double-blind. This means that the reviewers of the paper won’t get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won’t get to know the identity of the reviewer.The authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity. Please follow these guidelines while preparing and submitting your paper:
- Remove any identifying information, including author names, from the paper title as well as all the file names and document properties.
- Write your papers in the third person to refer to work which was previously undertaken by you, e.g., replace any phrases like “as we have shown before” with “it has been shown before”.
- Make surethe figures and figure captions do not contain any affiliation revealing your identity.
- Limit self-references only to papers that are relevant for those reviewing the submitted paper.
- Cite your own papers as follows: ‘[Anonymous, 2010]’ while in the reference list write, e.g., ‘[Anonymous 2010] Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.’
- Remove all references to funding sources.
- Do not include acknowledgments.
Your paper will be assigned to at least three reviewers for technical evaluation.
By submitting a paper the authors confirm that their paper represents original previously unpublished work, and that if accepted, at least one of the authors will register for the conference and present the paper/poster.
The accepted poster papers will require a 1 min fast-forward oral presentation by the presenting authors who also have to display and present during the poster session a printed poster (A0 size). The poster authors are also encouraged to set up demos of their works.
The accepted full/short/poster papers will compete for the Best Paper/Poster Award.
Paper submissions have to be made at the CW2018 submission web site.
FOR ACCEPTED PAPERS
REGISTRATION and ORAL PRESENTATION of each paper accepted for the conference will be required to be included in the conference proceedings and special journal issues.
The accepted papers will be submitted by their authors directly to the publisher – Conference Publishing Services (CPS). The authors will be able to use the CPS PDF eXpress online tool before submitting their final manuscript. The accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings published by Conference Publishing Services as well as submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and reference databases of all major referencing indices (SCI, Scopus, etc). The papers, which are registered but not presented at the conference, will not be included in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library — this is the requirement of the publisher.
All FULL papers will be recomended to special journal issues. The submission of the revised and extended journal manuscripts will have to be done in October-November 2018.